HomeWelcome to Strategic Heart Failure. This will be your hub for getting information, news and most importantly tools for you to use in order to get optimal care for anyone who has heart failure, sometimes called congestive heart failure or CHF.
WHAT is heart failure. It is a broad range of heart diseases that can be caused by many things including high blood pressure, blocked arteries, diabetes, obesity and so on. However, it is when the heart, which is the blood pump to the rest of the body, is not working as it should. It can be severe requiring treatments like a heart transplant or a mechanical device (LVAD) to support the heart function. It can also be without signs or symptoms. And that is why it is important to know all the details about your form of heart failure or even your risk of having heart failure and how it is best diagnosed, managed and treated. AND to be the leader of your team.
WHAT is Strategic Heart Failure. After more than 35 years of caring exclusively for patients with heart failure, leading programs, lecturing, writing books and guidelines about heart failure I have realized that having great doctors, nurses and other team members, having lifesaving medicines and treatments, knowing about diet and exercise is not enough. What is needed is carefully planned (strategic) and constantly revisited plan of care, that is agreed upon, communicated by ALL the team members including the patient and family. A single well intended change of a medication or missing any important change in how you feel, or your activity level is a potential misstep.
THE GOAL is to create a plan to get you the very best care as consistently as possible, with you being at the hub and in control. We often call this optimal care. It might not surprise you that most patients are often getting some but rarely ALL of the right therapies, at the right doses and often team members have varying opinions about what the best treatments are. All of that is fine but it needs discussion and a plan that is adhered to until it is changed by consensus!
STRATEGIC HEART FAILURE is for:
- People who have any form of heart failure
- People who are at risk of heart failure
- People who have a family history of heart failure
- Anyone who cares for a friend or family member with heart failure
- Health Professionals who want to learn Dr. Silver's SHF approach to care.
Learn More on this Website:
- The new book, Strategic Heart Failure, that details this approach will be available soon.
- A Masterclass, which is a series of videos detailing the SHF method by Dr. Silver is also coming soon.
- News and Opinions is where you will find regular updates, new research and opinions from Dr. Silver.
- About Marc Silver is some background, training and experience about the Founder of the SHF method.
- Excellent background reading is Dr. Silver's book Success with Heart Failure that has been published in 4 Editions and can be obtained at Amazon.
Print EditionKindle Version
Again, welcome to your home and your hub for Strategic Heart Failure. Wishing you Success and let's get Strategic!
Subscribe here to stay informed about all Sign up now to get a free copy of
Strategic Heart Failure updates.
Dr. Silver's Strategic Heart Failure Patient Profile Tool
- one of the key SHF tools.